Monday, December 25, 2006

So, my day

Today was supposed to be a quiet day since I had planned to give them a quiz with open notes and then move on to do something easy with them afterwards, however I was completely wrong.

Because of the 'vacation' most of my 7th grade didn't even turn in their HW. Then they were so disorganized I am pretty sure that a town hit by a tornado would of been in better shape than they would of been. The Menahel had to sit in the class towards the end because of their behavior. This quiz was a disaster for them as well because of course some left them at home or lost them or I knew they didn't do notes last week (which was the point of the entire quiz, to force them to do more notes) that I gave them.

My 6th graders, besides one kid (P.Y.), we absolutely amazing. We did the quiz with their notes, everyone did it...even the one kid that doesn't ever do notes. Then we proceeded to go onto creative writing which was an absolute fun today, a lot of ideas thrown around and generally class was good, especially when I gave out the candy lol.

Now my 8th grade, now they were their usual selves except for M.K and M.B because both of them were actually quite good and not a part of their distructive behavior at all. Unfortunately most of the class was acting badly, but the quiz got through well...actually it was more of a full period essay writing because I made them do a lot more work than the other grades and they are practicing due to ELA that is upcoming soon.

Now the school has been rather disorganized lately with everyone just butting in and nothing ever really being done. The real issue is that several kids cannot be thrown out, so we have to suffer with them in the classroom. I understand that point I am very perplexed because at the moment if there was more organization being done then maybe, just maybe, we could actually have things work better in the school. Hoping the new behavioral ideas being instituted tomorrow with the backing of both Principals will work. We'll see tomorrow if it does.