Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Last two days

6th Grade, it would seem, is actually having a difficult time with the English Grammar rules that I am trying to teach them. going slow and patient with them, I just wish the 5th Grade Teacher had taught them a bit better. Really her English Grammar Rules and explainations makes me quite ill. They were taught the bare minimum with writing and grammar. Thank G-d have worked through their writing issues but have to keep hammering at them with the grammar. Hopefully my hand out work sheet tomorrow will do the trick and we'll be able to do some history.

7th Grade has been having some bad behavior problems associated with two kids. Yesterday was a disturbance and wasn't able to complete all the work we had intended to do in the class. Today threw the two kids out and the Principal chewed them out. They were still cocky at the end of the day. Have to work out some more sheets for the War of 1812 that we will be beginning tomorrow.

8th Grade, the ELA prep is going ahead, we did a practice test and actually marking some of them tonight. Been working on evaluating essays, writing detailed essays, and compare and contrast to prep their skills for next weeks test. Kinda worried about some of them but I am very confident that the majority of them will do well. I just wish there was a way to address the 'Torah doesn't say that' issue. It makes me extremely sad that many of these boys have a twisted sense of what is right or wrong when it comes to the Torah. I am all for protecting impressionable young mind and ensuring their safety and for them wanting to stay away from bad influence. However an article concerning how the Puritans came to America just doesn't fall under that category.

New website: I have used it a lot and love making puzzles for my students with it, http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery.com/WordSearchSetupForm.html - its a word search generator. Just put in the words and click.