Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Lately I haven't been helpful

I really do realize that I haven't been at my 100% lately. The stress of work and a baby that is almost here has severely decreased my ability to take the BS from anyone. So what to do about it?

Well I think that surrendering to the fact that I just need to try my hardest without having to throw myself entirely, and with that make myself dead tired, into the classwork has actually helped. Today was actually very pleasent. The 7th Grade was absolutely divine! I really mean that. We got through the lesson so easily and we did so many interesting and fun questions and discussions that it even made my head spin. The 6th Grade was better, doing ok, we got the work done. The grammar we were doing was harder than it seemed so many of them were having difficulties. The 8th Grade was its usual but we got the lesson done with History, did that only today. Going to do ELA more tomorrow. Still got some time before it happens.

I know I am not 'restarting' creative writing any time soon because that really does exhaust me...but not sure about the yearbook. I do know that I cannot volunteer my time for free when it isn't in my job description. I need to know that I am being made a valued member of the school by doing this. I am not going to do something and not feel that I am being pushed aside and not cared for...plus my time does = money. Though I really do care about the kids...I am going to have to see about it.

Will be putting up links soon, so stay tuned. Want to share all my useful sites that I have for english and history subjects.