Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was horrendous.

Had to argue with my Principal because he is being VERY behind on ensuring that I get the photocopies I need for my lessons. I am not happy about this damnable situation.

The 7th Grade were moderately behaved, we got through the lesson without any major problems.

6th Grade were horrendous. All talking all the time. It was horrible. Had to yell at them :(. It was very sad.

The 8th Grade wasn't too bad. Started ELA review yesterday and going to continue it all week.

The Menahel seems to be wanting every bit of paperwork, hw, etc to 'cross his desk' because he really did mess up before the school year started, not everything is going smoothly, so what is he doing? He is looking for things he can blame for the problems in the classes when it comes to behavior. I have no issue with admitting when I am wrong or if I am doing something wrong in the class but I cannot stand it when someone won't admit that they could of done better as well. So right now, to make my own life easier, I'm just going back to the 'basics' in the classroom and discontinuing some of my extra work I have done to make it more fun for the kids because I cannot do all the extra work + jump through his hoops.

So no more Yearbook or Creative Writing for now. I'll still be teaching the kids in my classes well, but if I do those two things there is no way I can also try and please my boss....if that is even possible.

Sorry for the very depressing/very downtrodden post