Friday, January 5, 2007

Yesterday was a good day for all.

The 7th Grade are just absorbing everything I am giving them in History. The questions and the thirst of wanting to know the minute details is actually a little overwhelming to myself however giving them as much information I can during class time, having to answer questions outside class or at home because some of the boys just need to know the answers.

6th Grade is shaky on their basic english skills as I look over their work. Been using a new book of mine to give them practice help so working heavily on that before I move on to more standardized writing. The Jewish History is still not being terrific for the boys or myself, need to do something new, have to talk to some people on Monday about that issue.

8th Grade accomplished their ELA and their History lessons, so was happy about that. Could be that the two biggest trouble makers were out 'helping' everyone else.

Becoming apprehensive about the ELA. I know my boys have the skills but hoping they can take the test without major problems. Next week we do lots and lots of practice testing.

Have told my Principal that I can do the yearbook, I've calmed down from being so angry with the administration, but I need respect and I need compensation for my time. Quite literally how much the yearbook from me compared to how much they paid last year is rediculous. I can give it to them for approximately 10% of what they spent last year. Let's hope for good news on that front.