Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Question

My day can be summerized with the following questions.

Why does anyone believe that using the Torah allow you to be insulting or give a lack of derech eretz to secular studies teachers?

How can an owner of a school willfully undermine a teacher's authority and seemingly put down what they are teaching in the classroom and permit that kind of behavior to continue?

I feel horrible for those 8th grade boys who are trying and wish to learn...detention was given today. I didn't let what they did bother me at all, they stayed late for detention because of their actions till they finally sat there, were quiet, and let me finish the lesson.

Just wondering, what can I do? I teach well, I make the lessons interesting, and I try and do one on one with my students, what else can I do?